Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Have type 2 diabetes and abscess behind testicles. On antibiotic and flagyl. Any suggestions?

Hi, I m 25 and I really need help! It may not be major but my quality of life has lowered significantly. I have an abscess underneath my bum (behind my testicles), and it s as large as my thumb (not the tip, but the whole thumb) and hurts like a *you know what*. It just burst and tons of puss is coming out and still a lot remains. I know the best way is to go to a doctor and drain it, my main concern is that I had one drained on my inner tight a month ago that was significantly big, and 4 months ago I got one by my belly button that was so big (golf ball) and caused me to go the ER for an immediate surgery, due to very high fever. Before that I ve had many of them though smaller on my inner tights, that left a bunch of ugly red scars. Every time I see a doctor is all about getting it drained and being on antibiotics , amoxicillin and flagyl most of the time. I do explain to them that it s not the first time, and that they are getting bigger and more common as time passes but they literally brush it off by saying basically, that s just my luck and nothing else can be done than treating them on the spot. I am very, very sick of it, people are starting to look at me weird as I look pained at school and at work. They obviously smell bad and I am just scared one bursts one day whilst I am out (happened once and it was so big it did stain my jeans, I looked so bad). There must be something else? What can I do.. I am very desperate at this point. One last thing, I have done some research and apparently they seem to be more common to diabetics, I have diabetes type 2 and am overweight; 5.9 220lbs (was 250), but my diabetes been top-notch-stable for the past 6 months and I lost 30lbs by eating healthy and exercising. I also have a good hygiene and wash myself thoroughly and daily. Thank you for taking the time to read this brick of a text, I can t seem to get appropriate answers from my local doctors I just want this to stop.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Diabetes is the most important reason for repeated infections like this You say that it is well controlled and you keep yourself clean...
The other possibility then, in these circumstances is some sort of Immune Deficiency - there are several minor, uncommon, unusual conditions. You have to see a specialist in Immunology - preferably in a tertiary care teaching hospital. It needs a large battery of investigations; it is costly and there is no guarantee of successful outcome. Yet, it is worth investigating in your case.

Good luck
Answered: Wed, 17 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor