Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Have toothache, diabetic. Can online doctor help?

Hi! My husband lost his job a year ago. We have been working wherever we can, but now have no medical or dental insurance. He worked in educational administration, I am am a music educator---no work...and we have been living on our savings. We are down to the bottom now. My husband is diabetic and this past few weeks has complained about having a toothache...Are there any free medical/dental locations in the Mt. Airy, North Philadelphia area that we can take him to.?

Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  938
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Dentist 's  Response
Pl consult a dentist in your locality at the earliest. The tooth ache could be of various reasons like decay, periodontal problem, trauma, infection etc. An x ray of the tooth should be done and root canal treatment followed by capping of the tooth would be required. Diabetic patients are susceptible to periodontal disease. Consult your dentist immediately.

Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response
Hello and welcome to hcm,
Thanks for posting your query.
Toothache can be due to-
Dental caries.
Periodontal infection.
Pericoronitis of impacted wisdom tooth.
Traumatic injury.
I would suggest you to get a thorough clinical evaluation by a dentist nearby.
He/she can guide you to find out dental insurance/free treatments available in your locality.
For temporary relief,place a cotton dipped in formocresol over the tooth.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Anshumala Singh's  Response
Dear friend.

Thanks for sharing your concern.

Tooth ache could be due to periodontal infection,especially in diabetic patients.

There are other reasons too for tooth ache like decay,gum infection,any trauma causing fracture.

please visit your dentist once for oral checkup and then if required you can get the concerned tooth extracted,if the prognosis is not good.

I am suggesting you extraction for the sole reason that i am suspecting a loose tooth in his mouth due to diabetic condition.

Exact diagnosis can be done only upon evaluation.

There are many charitable camps organized,for which you can check on net in your area and get the treatment done.

Another, better option available is you can visit any of the dental schools ,where students are doing treatment at a very nominal rates .

This treatment is also done under doctors supervision.therefore you can approach there.

Hope it helps.

Take care.

Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

Toothache indicates infection of the tooth that had spread to the pulpal tissues, such type of tooth can be Root canal treated to save it permanently.

I would suggest you to visit a Dentist get the checkup done, take an x-ray of the tooth.
Take complete course of antibiotics and analgesics.

As you cannot the treatment right now, I would suggest you to visit a nearby Dentist and discuss the problem of your husband with him, so that you can find any charitable dental trust or the treatment can be done at Dental schools at low prices.

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor