Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Have tightness in chest, stressed, unconsciousness. Heart murmurs and hole in heart?

I think I have a heart condition that I received from my mothers side of my family. She has a hole in her heart an 2 heart murmurs (I think 2, maybe 1). She has been told to get surgery as soon as possible. I have some of the same symptoms like: tightness in my chest when I stress or too much physical activities, get faint (lost consciousness once), and short of breath easily. My mother believes I am fine, but I am worried and it gets progressively worse each month. Are these symotoms of any heart conditions, and should I go see a doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
Dear patient, presence of heart holes (ASD or VSD or PDA) in one of the parents does not mean that the children will be born with the same or similar defects because these are generally not inherited disorders ,rather these develope sporodically during foetal life due to some disturbance in the developmental process either because of infections like rubella, nutritional deficiencies like folic acid deficiency, or chromosomal abbreations etc but are transmitted as inherited disorder. However your symptoms of chest tightness and easy breathlessness during physical activity and especially fainting as you say that you lost conciousness once can not be ignored and there goes nothing wrong if you get a medical check up done by a doctor and some tests done especially ECG, chest X-RAY and Echocardiography , if these come normal at least you will be mentally satisfied that you are not having the problem which your mom had got
DR Arshad
Answered: Mon, 18 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

There is no mention of your age or gender...
Your symptoms may well be from fear and anxiety from seeing your mother's illness..

A thorough history and physical examination is the first step / EKG /HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring) / ECHOcardiogram / TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG) / LABORATORY work-up – may all be necessary for further assessment and assistance.
The treating doctor may suggest them depending on need, based on his assessment of the situation.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sun, 17 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Srikanth Reddy's  Response
Thanks for posting a query in health care magic.
Cardiac conditions and especially those of congenital type are hereditary. Not to panic at this stage. You may or may not be having any cardiac problems as the above mentioned symptoms can be attributed many other reasons.
Still you should get an echocardiography done to rule out any structural malformations. Even a ECG along with ECH should be useful.
If these tests are negative, then rest assured you probably dont have a cardiac problem and the you should think of either anemia/generalized weakness or acidity.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns.
If you need any further details, you can contact me directly by using the below mentioned link:
Wish you good health.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Answered: Sun, 17 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor