Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Have thyroid result. Can any online doctor help me to read it?

Im a 27 year old lady..recently checked my throid..results areas follows..
T3 90
T4 8.4
TSH 1.81

does this imply any thyroid or autoimmune disorder?? Or if any of these is at initial stage is there any way to prevent it?? Have a family history of auto immune conditions..
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response

You have Hashimoto's thyroiditis. This is an autoimmune disease in which thyroid gland is attacked by various cell and antibody mediated reactions. Hashimotos is a type of hypothyroidism mainly and results in symptoms like weight gain, sluggish responses, slow reflexes and low BMR. Sometimes hashimotos presents with hyperthyroidism. There is not much known on how to prevent this but thyroid hormone can be used for treatment. However, begore taking any medication please consult a physician.

Dr Vineet
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor