Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Have three children. Trying to concieve. Pregnancy tests negative. Suggestions?

Have had 3 periods , tests negative , have some pregnancy sings ! Been trying 6monts to conceive after my baby died , he lived for 30 days. I had c sectioned at 33 weeks. He was diagnosed with Edwards. Think I m just wishing to be pregnant Going for scan Tuesday ? I will be 43 in march. Have 4 health kids. Really want Another especially because of what happened. Worried that may not get pregnant ? & that something go wrong ?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thank you for your query.
Firstly, as the tests are negative, you are certainly not pregnant.
At 43, I think you need to take the help of an IVF specialist.
However, as you conceived a year and a half back, you have good chances of conceiving again.
Please remember, that as maternal age advances, chances of chromosomal disorders ( like Edwards ) increases.
Have evaluation of your ovarian reserve, your partner's semen analysis, genetic counselling and then proceed ahead with the treatment advised by an IVF practitioner.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor