Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Have tenitis. MRI shows no tumors. Dizziness, ear pressure. Prescribed Nazonex and antibiotics. Should I continue exercising?

Hello, I have had tenitis for about 3 months. I have had an MRI which the results did not show any tumors. My problem started when after working on a phone 8 hours a day for 6 months as a customer sevice rep. While on the phone, I had a dizzy feeling and also at that time I became very congested. That night is when I noticed the ringing in my ear with terrible pressure to the back of my ears and sinuses. I have seen my family doctor as well as a ENT doctor which have given me nazonex and antibiotics . I have even check with my dentist for TMJ . I have left the customer service job because I feel that this may have caused some of my trouble with my ears, which the left one is giving me the most trouble, and this is the one I used the most on a hand held phone. The ENT doctor told me that I have acute allergies and sinus. As I read your article I notice the information concerning the pulsating and humming tinitus. From time to time I can hear pulsation and humming in my left ear. I have tried to exercise to get circulation in my ear and sinus area. Should I continue to exercise or should I seek a doctor to check to see what type of tenitis I may have? The ENT said that there is nothing further he could offer. Please let me know what other doctor or specialist I can see to help me. I feel better than I did in the beginning, but I would like to feel even better if possible. Thank you for your professional answer.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

You seem to be suffering from tinnitus which may be related to your work on use of phones for a long time in the same ear.

You are already in the right track by changing your work and performing an MRI. A little more work up is needed to resolve the issue:

1. You need to undergo a complete examination of your blood profile including the cholesterol levels.
2. Get an audiometry test and repeat it every six months
3. Google for a list of ototoxic drugs and avoid them at all costs
4. There is a recent drug which is a prostaglandin analogue which i have used as tablets and injections in around two hundred patients and have got good results. Consult your ENT and ask about the same (its called Tinnicar)
5. Ignore the sound if everything else is normal. If you do have allergies and sinus problem then you need to be evaluated further and given permanent cure for them to be in control. That may indirectly improve your ear situation also

take care and get back if you need

Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Fri, 16 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor