Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Have tearing pain in chest moving to neck. Treatment?

Hi, I have experienced a ripping/tearing type pain in the Cental chest/back! This sensation feels to move up in to my neck and jaw. I have had 3 episodes in the last couple of months and cannot link the episodes to any common factors, on each occassion the pain has come on suddenly! Sometimes at rest( laying in bed) sometimes during normal activities ( housework etc) . The very 1st time I experienced this pain was 4 yrs ago but I thought it was a one off !!!!!
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
From the description, it looks like that the symptoms are either of cardiac cause or Simple Gastroesophageal reflux.
Its always better to get evaluated for a cardiac problem as it could be fatal at times.
Consult a cardiologist to rule out cardiac cause and a physician for GERD.
Hope this helps
Answered: Thu, 4 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor