Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Have swollen scar. Should I worry?

I have a year old scar that is now inflamed and red. I went to my doctor a year ago when a zit became infected from me picking at it. The scar it left, from him cutting it open and draining, was the type of scar that is above the skin. It seemed like over night it became red. Unfortunately I don t have insurance anymore otherwise I would go back and see my doctor. Does it sound like something I should worry about? (I started noticing the discomfort 2 days ago and the swelling has gone down. But still very noticeable)O
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  239
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello dear,
swollen scar is indeed a matter of concern. It might be turning to a keloid.
It needs to be treated by intra lesional steroids.
Please meet a dermatologist and start treatment.

Hope I answered your query.
Feel free to ask any further doubt.
Wishing you a good health.
Thank you .
Answered: Sat, 16 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor