Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Have swollen lymph nodes in groin and rash on knee. Have pain in leg. Solution?

Hi. I have two swollen lymph nodes in my groin , one marble sized on the left side and one small on the right. My left thigh and knee are painful and it feels as though the pain is moving farther down my leg to the calf area. I also have about 12 red bumps, rash , on the left side of my left knee cap. I am a 51 year old female and I exercise regularly although I have had a horrible cold for the last two weeks that is just starting to clear up. I weigh 132 pounds and am 5 5 .
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  192
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

Yuo seem to have skin infection on left lower extrimity.

It may be pyoderma.

It is caused by staphlocoocci.. bacteria.

You are having lymphadenopathy in inguinal area on the same side.

That suggests the severity of infection.

Immediately you should consult dermatologist.

Investigations may be done to rule out DM,HIV, anaemia,other internal diseases..etc

Oral antibiotic with anti inflammatory drugs will reduce infection.

Application of antibiotic cream may be helpful.

Take complete bed rest.

Avoid worries.

Improve immunity with immunobusters.

Have healthy food and proper sleep.

Improve hygiene, take dettol water bath.

I hope you will be alright.


Dr.Ilyas Patel MD

Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor