Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Have swollen hip and pain while crossing legs. Had collided into another person. Treatment?

In a recent football match (yesterday) I collided heavily into another player with my hip, and the impact left me barely being able to walk and around an hour later there was swelling . Now, there is pain where i try to cross my legs and when i walk, and my hip is still swollen but not as much, with a bruise . It is physically hard for me to move and i think there is something more than just bruising . What could it be?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic!
Injuries during sports are very common and in your case you say You have collided with another player who may be nearly your weight if not heavier.
I would sugest that you give your hip rest for a few days and restrict your activity.
Apply hot water fomentation with a hot water bag on the area twice a day.Massage the area frequently with any local gel/balm to soothe the pain.You may also try an oral painkiller if the pain gets to intense.
In case these do not work , the pain increases or you are unable to move You may contact a local orthopaedician who may recoment investigations to rule out any injury
hope this helps!
dr shalini vaz
Answered: Thu, 29 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

Based on the description of symptoms, I suspect that you could have suffered a groin strain hurting the musculature around the hip joint.

Also, an xray of the hip joint is necessary to ruleout any bony injury.

The preliminary treatment consists of
* Rest to the local part and avoiding any movement causing pain
* Ice packing of the painful area once in 2 hours
* Local application of a muscle relaxant gel and gentle massage
* Once the acute pain has subsided after 48 hours, moist heat fomenatation is indicated to relax the soft tissues
* use analgesics like Advil or Aleve as needed.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Thu, 29 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor