Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Have swollen glands. Blood work done, getting horrible taste, feels tired. Is this normal?

Hi I have had swollen glands now for three weeks waiting for blood tests to confirm this I have had this before about 20years ago no fever no flu symptoms but keep burping a lot and am getting a horrible taste all day long which makes me feel sick but never am sick is this normal getting very tired easy even going to the shops I am 36 years old regards rob
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  134
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  
Lab Tests
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. since having horrible taste, swollen gland mentioned by you might be [sialoadenitis which is an inflammation of the salivary glands (a bacterial infection)], [ since saliva is essential for the normal functioning and health of the mouth resulting in bad taste and burping], see an ENT or dental doctor.
2. swollen [lymph] glands are usually a sign of infection or disease in the body, and requires examination by your Doctor to feel for the consistency [firm, mobile,rubbery,fixed, or non-mobile]
3. since blood test report is yet to come, one can go for a biopsy [where a small tissue sample from the lump is taken and send fro investigation], likewise an X-ray or CT scan is recommended after consulting with your Doctor [since site of swollen gland is not mentioned thus which part to screen cannot be told]
4. if Doctor finds out that this is a local infections, you will just need to drink plenty of fluids, rest and relieve the symptoms at home using over-the-counter medicines such as paracetamol or ibuprofen,if it is generalized swelling then one has to look for some Autoimmune disorder,whereas if bacterial infection comes out then antibiotics are the main stay of treatment.

. getting tired easy [weight loss] could be one symptom of underlying inflammatory disorder, check with your Doctor if you're concerned.

Answered: Wed, 23 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor