Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Have swollen and painful knee. Any permanent cure?

Hello...How are you? I was just on google to enquire about my partner has is in such pain with knee pain ...he was a rugby player for 15 years and now at 59 is in constant pain..he does not do Doctors but has decided the pain is too great....his knees are so hard and the veins leading to his knees are swollen....Thank you for your help
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thank you.
sometimes secondary osteoarthritis developed due to repeated trauma at the knee joint.
rugby players are particularly vulnerable to this injury.
there may be some soft tissue injury of cruciate ligament or menisci.
proper exam. is needed to exclude cause.
consult an orthopedic specialist.
Answered: Fri, 11 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor