Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Have swelling on top of head. Had banged it earlier. Home remedy?

Thank you! I just noticedthat the top of my head in the back is swollen on the right side, where I accidentallly banged it about 4 or 5 days ago. Also, as a child, I feel down a outside concrete steps and there is a scar there, exactly where I stood up and hit my head on an open cabinet door on the corner of the door. I am wondering what I can do at home tonight to lessen swelling . this is slightly still tender when I gently rub my head with the palm of my hand . I did not notice this until 30 minutes ago.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that you have got soft tissue injury.
The pain and swelling will subside in few days time.

At home, you can apply locally cold compress for some relief.
Also take proper rest for speedy recovery.

If pain is persisting, you can take pain killer like Ibuprofen one tablet twice a day after meals along with an antacid like Omeprazole 20 mg.

I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor