Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Have swelling, bruise on hip, upper femur, after accident. Happened before, lesser intensity

I fell off my bicycle, I was cleated in to my road bike. Very low speed, as I rolled into a wet gutter and slipped.
Left hip/upper femur took most of the impact. I have done this before, and it took weeks to feel better. So I am in some sense an old hand. The only difference here is the amount of swelling, I can cup the bruise in my full left hand.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi. F\
From you complaints I am able to understand that You met with an accident 2 times. both the time you got injured your left hip joint. You are fortunate that you did not have any fracture. Now you have a huge swelling which is due to haematoma (Blood Clot) Consult a Ortho or General surgeon
and take treatment before it gets infected. A Complete blood test is a must.
Best wishes
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor