Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have struggled with lack of focus and concentration. Diagnosed ADHD, children. What now?

I have struggled with my lack of focus and concentration for many years. These challenges have affected my ability to manage my family finances effectively and stunted my career growth. Both of my children have been diagnosed with ADHD , many years ago in fact. I have tried excercise, supplements , nutritional and prayer to assist me, but I believe I need to get a prescription and get the medical assistance I have been denying myself. Can I do this via a phone or online consultation with a doctor and them mail me a prescription. I do not have insurance at this time and no regular doctor. Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
ADHD can be managed my a team of experts consisting Child psychiatrist, psychologist ,social workers by giving medication, by planning strategies to cope up with child activity, by modifying child behavoir and with counselling. And medication are available and should be prescribed my psychiatrist so You consult a child psychiatrist for the management of your children.
Answered: Wed, 2 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor