Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Have spinal stenosis. Taking painkillers. Will I be entitled to disability allowance?

I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis 6 yrs ago, most days I m in severe pain, I m on strong pain killers daily,I would love to get back out to work but with this condition it s just impossible,it also affects my bladder and bowel control when the pain is at it s worse.My husband works but we are struggling finationaly and I was wondering would I be in titled to disability living allowane
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  224
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Disability insurance has a mi rad of regulations and rules that are outside scope of most physicians. Physicians are only responsible to document the ailment and then whether that affects your ability to do your job - any restrictions.. Whether that is enough to get disability insurance, yo need to speak to your HR department or a lawyer that specializes in this field.
Answered: Sat, 9 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor