Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Have sore red splotches on side of both feet, near the ankles. Is there any way to get rid of them?

I have sore red splotches on the side of both my feet, near the ankles. the skin is quite thick there as well. It started off as just light red patches, and then they slowly darkened and thickened over time. I think I may have gotten them from exercising. I have had these splotches for a while now - 3-4 months, and i doubt they will disappear any time soon. Is there any way to get rid of them?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi..Thanks for the query.
The patches ,if are 'sore' might indicate an ongoing inflammation.From the site you mention , eczema might be an important thing to consider.Over a period of time , due to scratching and inflammation , these areas tend to become thick ,when we call them Lichen Simplex Chronicus.
You can apply medicated emollients several time of the day to keep the area very very hydrated.Do not use synthetic socks and choose your footwear wisely.Any friction should be minimized in this area.
A topical steroid with salicylic acid can be used for 2-3 weeks to reduce the activity .
I would advise you to see a dermatologist for the same.
Hope this helps.
Take care!
Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor