Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Have sore lumps on scalp. On squeezing sticky liquid with blood oozes and have pain. Treatment?

I have lumps on my scalp , I feel them when brushing my hair, they are sore but they cant be seen, when i squeeze them a clear sticky liquid mixed with blood oozes out continuously, the area becomes red, swollen and they have hot feeling of pain. I can have as much as 4 or 5 at a time and they can be an inch in diameter, they take anything up to a week maybe more to heal. A crust appears when left after being burst but they can continuously be squeezed and clear liquid oozes out. They are very sore and constantly come back on the same or different parts of my scalp. What are they and how do they be treated? Its embarrassing when going for a haircut, i use head & shoulders shampoo and rarely use hair gels. Please help - male 28
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  761
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello..Thanks for your query
You seem to be having folliculitis of the my be of bacterial or fungal origin. In most cases the cause id the bacteria Sthaphylococcus aureus.
You will need a course of systemic antibiotics to cure this.
You can use Betadine lotion as shampoo twice weekly.This will held in case your folliculitis is due to bacteria also help in the crusts and keep the scalp clear.
Hope this is helpful.
Take care!
Answered: Fri, 22 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor