Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Have social anxiety, head tightness, brain swelling, eye swelling. What should I do?

ok i have social anxiety but my therapist keeps saying it might be a medical problem, cause i feel like my head gets tight feels like my brain is swollen and my eyes also feel swollen and it feels like behind my eyes it hurts like a aching pain, whenever i go to public or speek with someone anyone, this happens to me and i cannot control anxiety i need help??!! what should i do?bco
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  137
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your description. I suggest you not to worry much. I sincerely feel that you do have social anxiety or agarophobia, which needs cognitive behavioral therapy and Gestalt therapy. I don't know how your therapist brushed it as it is a meical problem. You need to find a psychologist and confirm that you have social anxiety. Visit a psychotherapist who can provide you the above therapies. You need relaxation techniques also.

I can help you in all these aspects. Feel free to contact me through customer care at
Good luck. Happy new year.
Answered: Sun, 29 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor