Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Have small lump at centre of rib cage, not painful, doing lots of exercise. Should i go for treatment?

I think I may have a small lump at the bottom center of my rib cage. I do not feel any pain when i touch it. I have been doing a lot of excercises such as situps and crunches and think it may just be a muscle? should I consult my doctor about this?
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response

I completely understand your concern and I hope I am able to help you for the same.

This lump can be anything varying from a hematoma, a lipoma, neurofibroma or any swelling of the underlying bone or cartilage.
You should see a nearby doctor soon.

Sudden appearance of such a swelling cannot be only attributed to a muscle swelling.

Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Tue, 19 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor