Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Have small bump near ear, started to swell up. Getting headache with cold. Serious?

My wife has had a headache and her scalp is really sensitive on the just the right side of her head for the past four days now. She has a small bump under the skin by her ear and another near her temple and in the last hour just above her right eyebrow has started to swell up. She had cold/ flu symptoms for a couple of days prior to the onset of this but that seems to have subsided.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
If there is a bulge and if the bulge is tender to touch then it is likely to be an infectious pathology. She needs to be examined by a doctor or her photographs should be uploaded.
She will need a course of anti-biotics such as cefixime. Meanwhile she can take paracetamol for pain relief.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Neuro-Psychiatrist and Sexologist
Answered: Fri, 20 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor