Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Have sinus, pressure on eyeballs. Took mucin ex and sudafed. What is going on?

Hello, I'm a 26 year old male in good shape/health. I recently just got over a sinus infection (I didn't go to the doctor) my sinuses clear up but as soon as they did my eyes have had a hard time focusing. It's not cray bad but it is frustrating. Vision isn't blurry but there is a little bit of what feels like pressure on my eyeballs at night. I've tried mucin ex and sudafed. Nothing has helped. Good news is my eyes haven't gotten worse. But they've been like this for 5 days now. Thinking about going to the doctor because this frustrating. I do fell a bit like I have a small fever as well. Any idea what's going on with me? Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Your symptoms is suggestive of frontal sinusitis.Most likely it allergic but later on there will be secondary infection.
Watchful for triggering factor (allergen ).
Start steam inhalation.
Oral NSAID with decongestant and complete course of antibiotic like amoxy/clavulinic will be helpful.
Avoid oily chilled water,cold drink, and other food.
Consult ENT specialist for better medical management.
Also consult ophthalmologist to rule out any eye condition.
Answered: Tue, 25 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Polash Sannigrahi's  Response
Jun 2015
Hello dear,

The symptoms as mentioned in your post indicate that your sinusitis has not subsided completely due to inadequate treatment.

Symptomatic relief can be obtained by intake of analgesic, antihistamines & nasal decongestants.
But unless the underlying cause is treated, the symptoms will keep recurring.
So, you need to take antibiotics depending upon culture & sensitivity reports to tackle the organism responsible for it.
Kindly consult an ENT specialist for a proper clinical examination.
Investigations like complete blood count & X ray of para-nasal sinus will be helpful.

There is no need to will be fine.
Wishing you a good health.
Thanks & take care.
Answered: Wed, 26 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor