Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Have sinus infection, headaches and fever. What can I do about the infection? Worry?

i have a sinus infection that never seems to go away i had gone tot he dr they gave me an anti biotic for 2 weeks then another for 2 more and then another for 1 week while they were doing some tests or something .... once the meds were done it came back again ..... and every few months my sinus drains or something but the stuff inside makes me really sick so much so that i puke up whatever i apparently swallowed throughout the night and i have intense sinus headache fever and other symptoms and what i am asking about directly is during this time sometimes when i blow my nose a spongy sometimes bloody something comes out A.) what can i do about the infection or whatever it really is B.) what is that spongy whatever it is that comes out and is it something to be worried about
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You seem to be suffering from chronic sinusitis.When sinuses become blocked, they provide a place for bacteria, viruses, and fungus to live and grow rapidly. Although a cold is most often the culprit, anything that prevents the sinuses from draining can cause sinusitis.

For chronic sinusitis that doesn' t respond to medication, your doctor may recommend endoscopic sinus surgery.
Enlarging the sinus opening is also sometimes recommended. A newer procedure called balloon rhinoplasty involves inserting a balloon inside the sinus cavity and then inflating it. 

Consult a ENT surgeon,get the CT or MRI of sinuses done and get the required surgery done if the surgeon advises you for that.
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor