Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Have single cystic acne on chin. Is Isotrexin effective in treating cystic acne?

Hi, I have a single cystic acne on my face ( chin ). I m wondering if i should use isotrexin as a spot treament or go for a cortisone jab. My derm recommends the latter but i m prone to fat atrophy (past experiences) and am worried of the side effect once again. May i know if isotrexin is effective in treating the cystic acne? If so, how long will it take to work? Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  195
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there. Isotrexin in a topical form may be a better option. I for one, am against cortisone for 99% of acne lesions & they may in fact, precipitate acne. However, having said that, your treating dermatologist on the ground will be in a better position to opine! A single lesion of acne is rarely 'cystic'. Please upload some photographs of the lesion & you may contact me in person or on this portal under the 'ask a doctor' feature for a 'second opinion'. Steroids have far too many side effects for my liking especially in acne patients' fat atrophy being just one of many especially if used liberally or for long periods of time...Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist, Vikram Hospital, Bangalore, India.
Answered: Wed, 15 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor