Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Have sharp in right side of back. Ultrasound shows mildly enlarged kidneys. Suggestions?

Hi Doc,,

Hope you are fineand in good health.

When i woke up yesterday i had a severe sharp pain on the right side of my back radiating to the abdomen as if a kidney pain. I rushed to the emergency and the GP ordered an ultrasound (Abdomen and KUB). The results were as follows:

"Mildly enlarged right kidney with fullness of pelvicalyceal system no stone seen in kidney or ureter, Right ureter is un remarkable, findings of unflammatory changes"
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Welcome to the forum.
Features are suggestive of pyelonephritis- infection of the kidney.
Plain and contrast CT SCAN OF THE KUB is mandatory.
In addition renal function tests and urine analysis are needed.
Treatment is based on the findings on the tests.
best regards
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor