Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Have severe stomach ache for a long time. Have been diagnosed as PID. ALL tests done. What to do for this problem?

Hi, My Wife is having bad stomachache problem.Its lower abdomen pain. Its been happening for a month now. And its almost a constant pain.Most of the times she will have the pain. Night times its more. We consulted a gynecologist here it was diagnosed as a PID. Now this was the third time my wife has got PID in a year.So the gynecologist performed a ultrasound and it was normal. She prescribed some medicine after which the fluid stopped which comes from vagina but she has severe stomach pain. Initially we though that it might be because of the food. But no matter what she eats she has stomachache. She is a registered Pharmacist but not working.
Medical history - 1 Normal delivery, 1 abortion using an Unwanted Kit which she did herself on 22nd August 2012, Took i-pill once around first week of Feb 2013, migraine problem for the past 6 months.

Please help me.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome To Healthcare Magic!

Most Probably your wife got PID by unsafe method of Abortion. PID is infection of female child bearing organs. Now treatment depends on type of PID. if your doctor told you the type treat her accordingly.

One type of PID called as Tubovarian Abscess which we usually diagnosed by Ultrasound. and treatment for that PID is hospitalization and following drugs (antibiotics)

Injection Cefotetan 2 g every 12 hours
+ Injection Doxycycline 100 mg every 12 hours
(both above drugs are IV . if your wife is registered Pharmacist she can administrate them)

and for another less severe type PID is treatment is at home. we give following drugs which are

Injection Ceftriaxone 250 mg IM in a single dose
Doxycycline 100 mg orally twice a day for 14 days
Metronidazole 500 mg orally twice a day for 14 days

If patient don't respond these treatments do a test called Culture and Sensitivity test and this way you will come to know which germs are effecting her and which antibiotics can kill those germs .

Hope this is answer to your question.

Answered: Sun, 13 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor