Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Have severe shivers when i write. Affecting confidence. What can help me?

myself XXXXXXX mandal depressed with my hand shaking prblem when i write inpresence of any person my writing ill become worst and can no write anything i am graduate. i am fear when i writing in pesence of any person .my impression is making bad with any person my confidence level is so poor.i am tring to recover from my problem but i can not .please suggest me either i can not live alive.this problem had not felt in my school days but when i joined my job after that i felt this type problem .please solve it. but when i write lonely i write smoothly.but ican not write in presence of any person.i afraid to write in presence of any person.may i afraid what they will think worst writing so i like to write lonely but i tried many time to recover from this type problem but i can not so please help me
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
The symptom you are describing trembling of hands in presence of people is a classic symtom of social anxiety disorder/ social phobia. It is a common problem with a high prevalence rate. Effective management is available in form of anti-anxiety medication as well as psychotherapy techniques (like exposure and response prevention). Performance related anxiety is common in this patient population which can be tackled effectively. Wish you early recovery.
Dr Sundar Gnanavel
Answered: Sun, 30 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Your symptom of having shakiness of the hands only in the presence of people is indicative of Social Anxiety. This is a type of anxiety disorder where the person feels uncomfortable around people. They can also have other symptoms such as feeling nervous, fear of criticism, as well as other physical symptoms of anxiety.

Treatment is available in the form of medication as well as psychological therapies such as behaviour therapy, biofeedback, etc. I would advise you to consult a psychiatrist for a detailed psychological assessment and further treatment.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Answered: Wed, 26 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor