Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Have severe headache, entire right portion of forehead, eyes, teeth. Issue? Which specialist should i see?

Hello doct
i am female 31yr old i have severe headache frm one week my entire right portion of my head forehead eyes n teeth n entire part of right side pains i cant bare the pain it pricks me inside plz tell me which specialist should i counsult n what is my issue i am very sacred i cant bare the pain i take vasograin tablt when i hv pain.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

Headache, pain in the eyes and right side of the face can be due to neurological disorders, infection in the tooth on the affected side radiating its pain in the surrounding tissues, presence of any dental cyst or osseous lesion.

I would suggest you to visit to an Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon and get a thorough examination once.

Other then this there can be other causes like migrane, medication overdose, neuralgic defects , to rule out the other causes get a examination done by the Physician.

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
Severe or acute unilateral headaches are common in migraines and other primary headaches. However, w clear description and mastery of associated signs and symptoms could be necessary to distinguish them from secondary or organic causes. Its important to get a consultation with a dentist. A past history of dental disease could be a key component in orienting the diagnosis. Its not uncommon to experience severe unilateral throbbing headaches in tooth disease.
I suggest you consult your dentist and probably a neurologist for a proper evaluation, depending on the dentists evaluation and diagnostic plan.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. S. Jegadeesan's  Response

After evaluating your complaints, Migraine is the commonest condition. Usually the patient will get aura (indication to get headache) Typically the headache is unilateral (affecting one half of the head) and pulsating in nature, lasting from 2 to 72 hours. Associated symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, photophobia (increased sensitivity to light), phonophobia (increased sensitivity to sound) and the pain is generally aggravated by physical activity. Many drugs are available with limited effects. Reduction of tension is very important. CT and ECG may be necessary.

A rare possibility of Trigeminal Neuralgia is to be ruled out. Consult a neurologist and if necessary a dentist

Best wishes
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

A Neurologist is the one to see.
MRI or CT can help

Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs may help in the meanwhile...

Drugs like Tramadol are powerful pain relievers / Drugs like gabapentin elevate the pain threshold...See you doctor.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor