Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Have sensitive area in ear canal, feels like pimples. Swollen and painful ear lobe, wear hearing aids. Concerned

I have an extremely sensitive area in my ear canal , feels like a pimple? I am unable to sleep comfortably on that side, and now I have pain in the area directly under my ear lobe with some swelling , as well as the area in front of my ear at joint area of gums. I can feel a bump in this area. I wear hearing aids and it is very painful to insert the one in the affected ear. It is also difficult to open my mouth very wide. This began at some point between going to bed Sat.night and awaking Sun. morn!
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  347
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
you could have eczema in your ear which might explain your symptoms. yor dr could confirm the diagnosis by examining your ear. a steroid cream would treat the eczema and improve your symptoms.
Answered: Tue, 1 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor