Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Have scratch scar on face. Applied Neosporin and vitamin E oil. Treatment for scar?

Hello Please help me overcome this problem, im not sure if this website is real or not please i really need your help doc. I was watching tv one day and started stratching my face i stracted it soooo much that i didnt even realize it. When i got up, it was reallllllly red and round on my face the size of a quarter then i applied some neosporin and vitamin e oil. I applied and applied but the scratch scar is still there on my face and its the size of a dime and its now brown just a little red but you cant even see the red you only see brown and it the size of a dime and i want it to go away doctor please please please help me. I have fair skin and a brown round dot doesnt look good so please what can i do. Please dont consult me to go to any docs bc that cannot be possible please tell me what to do and i forgot to mention its been there for about 4-5 months please help me doctor. i beg of you
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  269
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Dear User,
The treatment of a 4 month old scar mainly revolves around means to modify scar modulation. For this you can start applying a combination cream of Heparin, Cepae Extracts and allantoin. Or a silicon gel based cream.
Secondly, you should avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
You should understand that all these scars improve with time. It is important for you to not indulge in any more scratching of the face. Drink plenty of fluids and take ample amount of fruits. Have patience. With all these measures you can expect your scar to settle down nicely by the end of one year.
Answered: Mon, 23 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor