Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Have scoliosis. Spinal surgery done in the past. Lump in the back on spine which is painful. What could be this?

Hi, I have had a serious case of scoliosis . When I was 16 I had a spinal surgery and had rods placed in my back to straighten my back. I am now 21 I ve had a daughter who just turned a year, for the past few months I ve been in extreme pain. I now have a hump in my back on the top part of my spine that was not there before but has got worse for the past few months. When I touch it, it feel very sore and sensative and fluid like inside. I can t sleep on my back because the bump has grown so much out its hard to even walk or drive. Sudden movements cause a lot of needle like pain.. I don t know what to do and I don t know why this is happening...
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Neurologist 's  Response
You must follow up with the surgeon who operated on you or any other orthopedician. The rods that he had placed may have displaced or fluid filled cyst may have formed. you need to undergo x-rays etc for assessing the alignment of spinal bones. The soft swelling that is causing may be infected area too. I would advice you to immediately seek medical help.
Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 9 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor