Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Have scarred cornea, numbness in eye and forehead, white spot on iris. What is wrong?

I m scared. I have a scarred cornea . Loss of vision . My eye has started to wander out and I have numbness in my eye and all the way up to my forehead . Only on the right side. My eye has been red constantly and irritated. Now there is a white spot on my iris. I have been to eye doctors and eye surgeons. They couldn t do anything to help me. My eye has a ton of blood vessels that grew in after my cornea was scratched. Please help. My eye was scratched when I was 11 and I m 26. It s getting worse everyday.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  141
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

You should first get the extent of opacity in your cornea assessed by a specialist. If it is covering the central area of your cornea, you should get your pupil dilated and get an examination done with stenopic slit. If there is improvement in the vision, you should go for a optical iredectomy. If there is no improvement in the vision with stenopic slit with a dilated pupil, keratoplasty may be the answer to the problem. For all this you need to visit a eye surgeon and get the needful done.

Answered: Sun, 13 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor