Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Have rough red blotch on both cheeks. Used some face wash. What could this be?

I have rough red blotch on both of my cheeks and some on both of my eyelids, im not sure what it is but before it happened i used a new face wash and it made me break out on my cheeks and made it irritated. After a while i nticed severe dryness on my cheeks and i didnt worry about it as much but i used creams thats have vitamin e and paw paw but it didnt work then it started to worsen and turn red
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  12
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi, thanks for your query.
It seems that you may have developed contact irritant dermatitis due to the contents of the new face wash , so avoid using the face wash again.
To treat it you may do as follows:
Wash your face with cool water.
Use a mild cleansing agent.
Don't rub it with a towel, just pat it dry.
Apply a mild steroid cream like hydrocortisone twice a day till the redness comes down. It may take a week or so.
Avoid sun exposure as much as possible and use a broad spectrum sunscreen during the day even if you are indoors.
You may take an anti histaminic if itching is present . Avoid scratching or touching the blotchy area.
If the condition worsens further you may consult a dermatologist nearby.
Hope this solves your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.

Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor