• question-icon

Have rosacea. Redness under eyebrow. Can Desonide be used?

Yes, I have a mild case of Rosacea and ai have a continual break out and redness under the eyebrow of left eye. I was told desonide .05 might work? Can I buy it over the counter? I have tried Prosacea over the counter and it just will not clear it up. I have had Blepharitis on the same eyelid but that is since gone. Any ideas of some relief. It is some small bumps like acne or small brash under the left eyebrow only. Also my left cheek gets a break out from time to time more than any other area?
Tue, 10 Sep 2013
Thanks for the query,

Yes desonide is a mild steroid,

It can be used in rosaceae.

Rosaceae is an inflammatory condition of face,

Mainly affecting the face,

The vessels get dilated and hence face become red.

You need treatment with topical anti inflammatory like metrogyl cream.

Doxycycline is also helpful.

A photograph would have helped me in giving a closer diagnosis.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.
http://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-rahul-kumar/64818

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you