Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Have right abdominal cramps and weakness. Had found cyst in pancreas. Which specialist to see?

September 2011 I had a fall at work. January 2012 8mm cyst on pancreas found incidentally after MRI January 2013 started to have discomfort on right side. Saw physician who told me it was related to fall 2 years earlier. Told me to see my nerosurgeon as back & stomac pain are related to back nerves. March 2013 Started having fairly severe right sided discomfort and crampy pain abdomen right and generalized weakness. Why was it ok not to biopsy just because ithadn t grown in 1 year? Which specialist do I see?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
A cyst can occur in pancreas due to trauma.
No need to take biopsy for pancreatic cyst.
If the size of the cyst is more than 6cms,then surgery has to be done.
You should consult a Surgical Gastroenterologist.
Hope surgery is not needed.But,please consult him.
Wish you good health
Answered: Wed, 27 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Mayank Bhargava's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Do you have watery diarrhea/ vomiting/ spasmodic abdominal pain/ acidic belching?
With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of stomach pain and backache due to pancreatic cyst and pancreatitis.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist/ gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, blood sugar both fasting and postprandial, serum amylase and lipase, serum electrolytes and endoscopy & biopsy.
You should also go for endoscopic guided drainage of pancreatic cyst.
You should take tramadol. pancreatic enzyme preparations and low fat soft diet.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Wed, 27 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor