Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have rickets since childhood, having joint pain, vitamin d deficiency, having chest pain. Should i be concerned?

When I a young child I was diagnosed with Ricketts but the doctors told my mother that I would grow out of it, I never really thought about it since, I have been having really bad joint pain for the past 2 years, I recently found out that I am vitamin do deficient, and have been getting very violent chest pain . Should I be concerned
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
If doctors are telling you that there is vitamin D deficiency i would suggest you to get these investigation
Serum Calcium, Alkaline phosphate and Phosphorus level
Serum D3 level
Serum PTH
after getting result of these test it would be easy to find out the cause of low calcium and you can get treatment according to that.
Answered: Wed, 26 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor