Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Have rib cage pain, pelvic pain. Have degenerative disc disease. Opinion?

I have right side ribcage pain, have had off and on for several years. The pain radiates into lower right side. It is in lower pelvic at times too. I have severe degenerative disc disease and have been told this is probably deferred pain into side and abdominal area. What is your opinion? I am afraid something else is going on. I had colonoscopy 3 years ago. Nothing wrong except severe diverticulosis . I have IBS also.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pulmonologist 's  Response
The pain in the rib cage could be surely due to degenerative disc but if it is the thoracic disc which is involved.
The pelvic pain again can be due to degenarative dics in the lumbar area however a IBS itself can cause a dull aching irritating pain continuously.
See a good spine surgeon to get your doubts clear
Answered: Sat, 28 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor