Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Have rheumatoid arthritis. Swollen feet, peeling skin. How to get help?

My sister is in her 50's, lives in Macon, GA and has Rheumatoid arthritis that is crippling her. She finally appied for and was approved for disability. Her feet and legs swell, right foot has turned out, skin is pealing on her arms and hands and much more. Her problem is she is on medicaid and can't get specialists to see her or treat her. Regular MD won't treat her.. The doctor that examined her for disability said it was the worse he had ever seen. One doctor gave her predisone (?) and that's about all she can get from an MD. I think that is about to kill her. What in this world does she have to do to get some help.......thank you for any recommendations or assistance you can offer
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello, and welcome to HCM!

Your sister should contact her Medicaid insurance provider and request a list of specialists that accept her insurance. There will be specialists available, but it may take a long time to be seen, and may not be located close to where she lives. Unfortunately, access to specialists is frequently difficult for patients with Medicaid. In the meantime, she should find another general practice doctor who is comfortable with treating her symptoms (some primary care doctors do this, others don't).

I wish you good health, and thank you for posting on HCM!
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor