Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Have rheumatoid arthritis. Safe to take humira injection?

I am a 58 years old male. I have found out that I have RA; I am a bit afraid to start with Humira, because of the side effects. To my surprise the doctor didn t tell me to go on a diet or exercise. I am 6 4 and my weight is 326 lbs. My question is shuld I start injecting myself with Humira or diet and exercise. Ah put up with the pain and inflamation. Thank you for your help
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thank you.
there are many options of treatment of RA.
NSAID is used for reduction of inflammation & pain.
there are many disease modifying drugs which acts slowly but very beneficial as-methotrexate,sulfasalazine etc.
steroid occasionally used.
if all of these measures failed then biological agents used like humira (adalimumab) can be used.
Answered: Fri, 11 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor