Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Have red lump on buttocks. Prescribed Pyodene and Bactroban. Releasing blood. Recommendations?

hello doctor
I have a lump on the top of my buttocks crack which is about the size of a pea its colour is red but it didn't hurt for so long so I didn't go to doctor but aftter sometime it started hurting so I went to doctor he gave me pyodene to clean the affected area and anti bacterial cream bactroban and within a month lump noticeably shrunk,now again it become the size of a pea and relrasing blood in drops I dnt understand what to do plz help me
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
From history it seems that you might have infected Sebaceous cyst giving rise to this problem.
Continue proper dressing with antibiotic and antiseptic lotion prescribed by your doctor.
To clear infection go for antibiotic medicine course for3-5 days.
If it is a boil or forming abscess,it will be alright.
If lump does not clear or recurrence is there, consult surgeon and get it removed with sac.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Wed, 1 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor