Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Have red color skin around vagina. Using Clobetasol propionate. Alternate medication?

Hi.... Doctors, I don t know what the thing is this suddenly i got some red color skin around my vagina near my leg pit, its NOT itchy but the skin is pain when walk and got some skin exfoliate just in the red area.. i use one cream contains clobetasol propionate 0.05% the pain is gone but still have the reddish skin and its not cure 100% i need to wear this cream at least 2 - 3 times a week. Can i get any medicine that can cure 100%.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  198
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

It seems That you are having Impetigo.

It is bacterial infection caused by staphylococi.

It may be precipitated by friction,perspiration, poor immunity,mild trauma..etc

Take short course of antibiotics.

Take anti inflammatory drugs till redness disappears.

Apply antibiotic mupirocin.

Never apply steroid cream... which you applied.

Have sitz bath in dettol containing water.

Improve hygiene.

Have blood tests to rule out DM,HIV,anaemia and other internal diseases.

Take healthy food and good sleep.

Avoid stress and worries.

I hope you got my answer.

Still, you consult nearby dermatologist.


Dr.Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor