Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have red and itchy lumps on face. Recommendations?

Hi I ve been having a sudden outbreak of raised red lumps on my face, their itchy and very red and shiney! They sometimes last for 1 hour to 2 days! This morning i woke up and face was fine and then in a matter of 15 minutes it appeared into a large lump with a little head forming on it! Please help there itchy and sore
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  108
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi..thanks for the query..
The symptoms you mention seem to be a part of a disorder known as URTICARIA. this is manifested either for few days or months to years depending upon the severity. Altough it is not something that you should be very worried about, it runs a prolonged course of exacerbations and remissions in most cases. i suggest you go ahead with a course of oral anti histaminic medicines which are available OTC in most countries.If it is persistent over 6-8 weeks ,you might require a blood test to be done.
In case of the hives persisting 2 days, as you mention,it is wise to consult a dermatologist and do a few investigations to rule out urticarial vasculitis.
Observe your daily routine carefully..some people do see the lesions after stress,having particular food, on exposure to a particular oral/inhaation/topical agent etc.
Hope this helps..take care!
Answered: Sun, 17 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor