Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Have recurring stomach pain and bloating. Prescribed Omeprazole and Ganaton. Should I continue the same?

Hi. i have been suffering from recurring stomach pains and bloating. Doctor attributed cause to acidity. Doctor prescribed omeprazole and ganaton which provided relief. He advised to follow the same medication if it recurs. Its been months since i last felt pain and now they're back. The problem is i lost the prescription and forgot the dosage.

Would you advise taking the same medicines? What is the proper dosage? He gave 20 mg omeprazole and 50mg ganaton.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  149
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Hello, thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
Since earlier you were the patient of hyper acidity and gastritis. You cured by using antacid treatment .
Now symptoms reappear.
What is the cause of reappearance?
If due to fried food or like that other things which you had taken, previously when these symptoms appeared ( first time).
If causes are same than nothing to worry.
If due to without any cause than it is a matter of concern.
If without any cause than get in gastroscopy for any ulcer in stomach or duodenum.
Blend diet is best for you.
Regards Dr. HET
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General Surgeon Dr. M Y Shareef's  Response
Hi ! The last time you got relief from pain by using ganaton and omeprazole points to hyperacidity as the cause of your pain abdomen. Now that it has recurred, I would like to know about your food habits. You should avoid spicy and fried oily foods, apart from increasing your dietary roughage and liquid intake. You should go for a routine stool test, which may show ova/cyst of worms/amoebae. If they show up , this could be the reason of the symptoms coming back, and the treatment will be staight forward by your family doctor.
If it persists, then you should go to your family physician who may suggest an ultrasound abdomen of yours to exclude any hepato biliary disease.
However, if the symptoms persist, then you may have to consult a gastro enterologist who may suggest you an endoscopic evaluation of your gastro intestinal tract to exclude helicobacter infection and treat you accordingly. Till that you can continue with omeprazole 20 mg twice a day, and ganaton 50mg three times a day.
Hope this helps you. Wishing you an early recovery.
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor