Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Have recurrent raised rash at night on chest and upper back. Advice?

Hello, may girlfriend is a 33 year old female and she has been getting a recurrent rash at night time. its mostly central on her chest and upper back, sometimes on an upper arm but never both,it alternates, it is hot to touch and dry but not uncomfortable or itchy for her. The skin feels sightly evenly raised in the affected area with noticeable temperature difference unaffected skin only and inch from the border of the red rash. Its gone by morning with no intervention? I was wondering would this be a food allergy ?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi and thanks for the query,
this sounds an allergic reaction. But however, its necessary for it to be proven. This shall be done through a detailed clinical history by an allergist, blood tests to look for raised levels of specific cells called eosinophils and searching for raised levels of immunoglobulin E.
Once diagnosed, management usually involevs detailed investigation of the agent causing the allergy so it can be eliminated, then soecific drugs, whih might range from topical, tablets or capsules, injectin and even specific immune desensitization protocols depending on the case.
I suggest you book an appointment with an allergist for proper evaluation and management.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor