Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Have rectal prolapse. Anal sphincter protrusion. Is this due to a hemorrhoid? Any non-surgical treatment?

I have what I think is a mild rectal prolapse . the sphincter of my anus seems to protrude slightly, then when I defecate, it gets worse. it never seems like my rectum comes out, and after a few minutes it returns to the way that it was. or I can massage the the anal sphincter muscle for a few minutes and it will improve. I ve started to notice that maybe a vessel (?) on my anus seems to engorge, it looks purple-ish, and the skin there seems a little thinner. perhaps a hemorrhoid starting? i d really like to resolve this but would like to avoid surgery at all possible costs. do you have any recommendations? thank you so much!
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  242
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi sir/mam, good avoid constipation,eat rough fibre diet ,take more water,avoid hot spicy food, take icy milk,and consult a good surgeon for assurance and councelling.
Answered: Thu, 2 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor