Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Have reasons to be upset. But cannot verbalise them. Usually keep things to myself. How to overcome that?

How can I share my feelings? I dont know how to share/express how i feel. Usually its not a problem i dont have many things that bother me. I have a very very long fuse and i hardly get upset. I tend to keep things to myself if that makes sence. In this case i want to share my feelings with my fiance. We have been togeather for about 6years, and he knows when somethings wrong... he usually stats with whats the matter? Whats wrong? ect My problem is i cant really answer the question. Its like i dont know whats wrong. For example he will say something and it bothers me, but im not sure why. I used to just ignore it, lately ill sit there for a while and say i dont know how i feel about that. I feel like i have reasons to be upset but i dont know how to verbalise them. I know its a problem, i want to fix it. But i dont know how to start. How to share without feeling stupid? Or sound like im complaining.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for your query. The lack of ability to articulate one's thoughts/feelings is a delicate issue. I would suggest you to seek help from a trained clinical psychologist who can train you in better social skills, assertiveness training and undertake a behavioural analysis to suggest you remedies. This issue can lead to anxiety disorders/depression. Hope you found the information useful.
Dr Sundar
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

What you are feeling regarding not being able to verbalize emotions is a very common symptom of psychiatric illness. More over, you seem to be distressed about the whole situation. It is understandable that you have had a high degree of tolerance all your life, however that is not being the case lately. You seem to want to talk about your feelings with your fiancee and it makes perfect sense to do so. Identifying what you want to talk about so that you broach the subject and then take it further by using circumstantial statements is one way to go. You may also have some anxiety surrounding the whole situation of expressing yourself, in which case you should consult a psychiatrist. Relaxation strategies, yoga, pranayama and meditation also help along with regular exercises.

I hope this helps. Take care.
Answered: Thu, 31 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor