Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Have rashes, itchy patches, identified as enterobacter gergoviae. What can be done?

I ve had a rash on my skin for a year, it started as a blemish on my left buttock, and I scratched it at night without realizing. A day or so later it started to weep and spread so I thought it was impetigo . I was given some injections , a topical I think, and a five or seven day course of antibiotics. Since then I ve been to the doctor 3-5 times and treated it as ringworm , impetigo, etc. I went 5 months ago and had it cultured, and my doc said it didn t grow anything , but I just went back yesterday (because its been a year and I ve had ZERO relief from chronic profuse itching) - and she showed me the actual lab form which states my specimen cultured light growth group beta b streptococcus and lactose fermenter identified as enterobacter gergoviae the rash has been on my buttocks this entire year, but over the last 48 hours I found two tiny itchy patches one on my left side, and one on my left thigh. Sounds dramatic, but I feel like i have no life anymore, and I m about to have a nervous breakdown! Please Help!!!
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  182
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi please use a full course of topical and oral terbinafie tablets as it can be a fungal infection and secondary infection due to repeated scratching
Answered: Wed, 3 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor