Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Have puberphonia, voice disorder. Can this be treated?

dear doctors- I hope you see this well, Im jason , im 28yrs old, I cannot afford to pay for this question to be answered, please have the heart to answer it for me- and allow my dreams to come true, since being at age 14 yrs old- I had puberpohnia - a voice disorder, where i have a high and low fading pitch voice, I tryed to find someone in my area that can treat this, either surgery or other help, my dream is to be a christian music singer , however i cant do it unless my voice is fixed..please have the heart and email me at jasondadog79 at gmail. thanks
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  316
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
This condition is best treated by voice therapy (vocal exercise) by a speech language pathologist or speech therapist. The duration of treatment can usually be one to two weeks.Phonosurgery can be done, which includes surgical shortening and relaxation of the vocal cords.I suggest you to consult ENT specialist for further management.Hope this helps.Take care.
Answered: Sun, 13 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor