Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Have problem with periods. Had severe pain and discharge earlier. Is it early menopause?

haven't had my period for two months at 32 I thought maybe it was early menopause but started 3 days ago and the flow was so hard and cramps so bad I pretty much have lived in the bathroom for two days debating on going to e.r. cause of the pain. earlier this after noon for the first time ever it was like a neon orange so what on earth is going on?
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
If there is possibility of pregnancy you have to rule out abortion first.
If the chance of pregnancy is not there, then the other possible causes are:
Hormonal imbalance
Endometrial abnormalities
Usually menopause cannot be expected this much early. So you once consult gynecologist, get examined and go for one ultrasound to find out the possible cause for your problem and take treatment accordingly. Meanwhile you take antispasmodics to get relief from pain.
For more details you can ask me through:
Take care.

Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Bruce Kinney, DO's  Response
Hello, and thank you for posting on Healthcare Magic!

Is it possible that you could be pregnant? The symptoms you are describing sound like you became pregnant (hence no periods for a couple months) and then had a miscarriage (the bleeding and crampy abdominal pain).

The other pregnancy related possibility is much more dangerous. You could have an ectopic (or tubal) pregnancy. This means that the fertilized egg gets 'stuck' in the fallopian tube, instead of descending into the uterus as it normally does. The embryo begins growing in the confined space of the tube, causing severe pain as it stretches the fallopian tube. If this goes on long enough the tube will rupture, causing massive bleeding in your abdomen. It is possible to bleed to death very quickly from this process.

Even if there is no chance this could be related to a pregnancy, you need to be seen either by a general practice/ER doctor or an obstetrician/gynecologist. You need to be seen quickly, as in today. So if you can't get an office appointment, go to the ER.

I hope I have given you some useful information, and wish you the best of health.


Dr. Kinney
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor