Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Have problem in getting pregnant. Have a block falopian tube. Is there any other option than surgery?

i am suspected to have a closed or block falopian tube because of infection.the doctor has check me and my husband and everythings are ok but i can not still get pregnant the doctor has said i should go for and operation for my falopian tube to be open so that i can get pregnant please i donot want to do operation . is there no other option
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Traditionally Fallopian tubal surgery (tuboplasty) was used to restore patency to the tubes and thus possibly normal function. However, in most situations today, in vitro fertilization is used to overcome tubal infertility as it is more cost-effective, less invasive, and results are immediate. With IVF, after stimulation of ovarian follicles, egg cells are removed via a sonographic directed vaginal puncture into the ovary, these eggs are fertiized outside the body, and the resultant embryo placed transcervically into the uterus; - the tubes are bypassed in this process.
so if getting pregnant is your main goal, I would say this is a pretty decent option for you.
hope it helps
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Harvey's  Response
Yours might be a case of pelvic inflammatory disease(PID),there are various causes for PID(TB,other bacterial and Viral infections).PID is very commonly known to cause fallopian tube blockade/infertility by scarring of the tube,adhesions,etc.So only treatment modality is Surgery to release adhesions and keep tube patent inorder to give you a chance to be pregnant.No other medical treatment or conservative treatment can help your cause.Please go by what your doctor says.Also invitro fertilization option exist.
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor